Sunday, January 17, 2010

One thing I have discovered about living out one's fantasies, In my imaginings I never realized the impact of bringing my modern self along. Here I am in this amazing primitive world, but I'm here in it with my thoughts of the last Law and Order episode I saw or what's up with my darned son or, you get the point. I think in my imaginings somehow I am the silent observer. But alas we are not able to disconnect so fully from our lives. None the less I can attempt to be fully in the moment and it is really fantastic, modern self or no.

So, onwards we go up the river to a jungle encampment where we get a chance to wander through the tangle of vegetation. The noise of the jungle is quite deafening. Cicada's I guess are making quite a racket as are large flocks of parrots. I don't know how any one can keep pet birds. They are so full of sound and furry as they careen about like a passel of unruly children. They look positively joyful and exuberant. The jungle walk is interesting but they've taken away the drama by providing wooden walkways through out. I feel as though I'm in Disney Land darn it. The food they feed us is good too.

1 comment:

  1. Would you like an update on Law and Order? Har har. What a great description of the jungle. I wish I was there with you. Probably not such a good idea for Davey yet. Thoughts of "Mosquito Coast."

    ReplyDelete